You know, we don’t talk about MySpace the way we used to. At least I don’t. Perhaps because there are so many great social media stories out there since MySpace came on the scene. One thing though you cannot ignore is MySpace traffic. the bottom line being that MySpace receives a massive amount of visits; In addition to receiving over 25% more visits-per-visitor a month than Facebook, the site jumped to 72 million unique visitors in June, generating over 1.3 billion total visits. That, my friends, is a lot of traffic.
With that being said, lets look at the numbers as compiled by our friends over at Compete these numbers might seem a little out of whack, but they base the rankings on amount of attention as well as traffic. Thats why some might appear to have more traffic than others. the bottom 10 have more of an ethnic diverse, niche like quality than the top 10 as well.
But given the rush to crank out a social networking group these days, being ranked anywhere in the top 20 is not such a bad thing. It may actually mean you’re making money!
- Myspace with over 72 million visitors per month.
- Facebook with 22 million visitors
- Bebo with 3.5 million
- Tagged with 3.3 million
- BlackPlanet with 1.9 million visitors
- myYearbook with 2.89 million visitors
- hi5 had 2.98 million visitors
- Classmates had 11 million visitors
- Friendster had 1.3 million visitors
- Xanga had 3.7 million visitors
- Orkut, intrestingly enough had 460,000, but was ranked 11th.
- Asiantown came in at 147,949 visitors
- Flixter had 3 million visitors
- Migente had 1.2 million visitors
- Reunion tracked 6.2 million visitors
- Quepasa had 177,000 visitors
- Tickle had 2.1 million
- Piczo had 660,000 visitors
- Multiply had 656,000 visitors and last but ceratinly not least and somewhat surprising is
- Linkedin at 1.4 million visitors
How many of you have been to these sites and have given them a test drive? Which user interface makes sense? Which do you see continuing to grow and which do not have a snowballs chance in hell? Personally, I may check out Multiply, the rest I am somewhat familiar with, with the exception of the hispanic sites. I am surprised as well by where Orkut is. With summer being a time when we spend more time outside than in, lets regroup in September and see where we’re at.