Yesterday I threw out a tweet about 125 twitter chats worth checking out on Google Docs. I thought I might condense it a bit and focus not only on Tweetchats that I was familiar with, but also those that would benefit the Social Media, Marketing and PR folks out there, and which also had solid participation as well. If I have left any out, please drop me a line and include it in the comments section.
1) Hashtagsocialmedia-#socialmedia Of course I’m partial to the one I co-founded with Jason Breed Advancing the Business of Social Media every Tues noon EST. New topics & new industry thought leaders and A-listers host the tweetchats. Great discussions. all archived and easily searchable
2)#4change is a monthly tweetchat on how social media is helping to create change
3) #b2bchat is a weekly conversation for B2B marketers; Thursdays 8 pm Eastern.
4) #Blogchat is a chat on Sunday nights from 8-9pm CT that was started by @MackCollier to discuss blogs and best practices.
5) #Brandchat is a discussion between experts, strategists, and those interested in learning more about personal branding and managing their personal brand.
6) #Hcsm The Health Care Communication & Social Media community hosts a weekly Twitter conversation about communication and marketing practices by Health Care organizations, including use of social media
7) #Innochat A Tweetchat on innovation
8. #Journchat Conversations between journalists, bloggers and public relations folks started by Sarah Evans
9) #Kaizenblog Discusses using kaizen in *business strategy* Started by Valeria Maltoni
10) #pr20chat PR 2.0 chat for conversations about PR related issues and SM implications, started by Beth Harte
11) #SEO411 Weekly chat to collaborate with colleagues and other marketers about their questions and ideas about SEO.
12) #SMCEDU Discussions about Social Media / Higher Education
13) #Socentchat A monthly discussion on social entrepreneurship, focusing on a particular topic or field each month, eg. Mobile Innovation; Fostering Soc Ent at universities; Support Women; eHealth; etc.
14) #Socpharm Weekly chat on pharmaceutical marketing and social media.
15) #Solopr Open discussions that serve as a companion to the SoloPRpro.com blog, designed for independent PR and MarCom pros – and those who’d like to be. Active hashtag throughout the week, with chats taking place on Wednesdays at 1 p.m. ET, Started and run by Kellye Crane
16) #TNL TNL is TalentNet Live. the #1 monthly hashtag chat for recruiters on Twitter that takes place the last Wednesday of each month at 9pm Eastern at #TNL. Login at RecruitingBlogs.com
17) #U30pro The chat that focuses on issues and trends surrounding young professionals. All ages welcome and encouraged to join.
Thanks for including #solopr on this helpful list! As Twitter chats continue to proliferate, it’s nice to see a more honed group of recommendations. I see a few new ones here I didn’t know about, and I look forward to checking them out.
Pingback: Recommended Valeria Maltoni’s Social media plus 2010 or why social media is important for brands « Fredzimny's Blog