Ford’s Fusion 41 Challenge – What Are We Missing?
October 26th, 2009
Sit down and buckle in (literally), this week we are taking the #SocialMedia discussion in a very different direction. Instead of learning during these chats, we have been asked by Ford Motor Company’s Scott Monty to help teach. If you are not aware, Scott is on a tear of late with the tremendous success of the Ford Fiesta Movement, he is now going for the equivalent of an encore with the Fusion 41 challenge. Their newest challenge asks for:
- Current 2010 model Ford Fusion owners/leasees to apply for the challenge
- Eight (8) teams (to include the owner and four (4) team members each) will be selected
- Ford will provide a 2010 Fusion model to each team to compete with
- Teams will perform a series of challenges taking place over a 3 week period.
- To coincide with the Fusion Hybrid’s 41 mpg rating, the challenges will take place every 41 hours
- Team members will complete a task and “hand-off” like a baton to the next member
- All the while, team members are required to post content and updates across their social networks online
The winning team’s leader will get their new 2010 Fusion paid off and the team members will get free gas for a year. If you want all the rules check here.
So how can all of us help Scott Monty and Ford Motor? Well, hang on a second and we’ll get to that. First, it’s important that you understand where they have come from and where they are going. This deck from Scott’s recent keynote at OMMA Global 2009 provides a good overview and some insight into Ford Motor’s social media marketing strategy.View more presentations from Scott Monty.
If you notice, the last content slide lists “Listening to our community for suggestions” and that, my friends, is why we are all here. Scott has asked for input regarding Ford Motor’s latest social media marketing project, the Fusion 41 challenge. The format will be similar to prior weeks with 3 questions, a new question every 20 minutes. The difference is the questions. Scott will be providing insight into the planning of the campaign and we will be providing recommendations in how to think differently and possibly add a new dimension to the initiative.
Yes that’s right, for an hour we will all be honorary social marketing consultants for one of the hottest social media brands out there. Please note: any suggestions made by you during this one hour +/- event are provided for Ford Motor and Ford Motor may use your suggestions at will.
Topic: Ford’s Fusion 41 Challenge – What Are We Missing?
Q1: Evaluate the WOM/Influence strategy
Q2: Evaluate the online marketing strategy
Q3: What are we missing to make this truly exceptional?
Pingback: How Ford does social media | Socialmedia.biz