WALTHAM, Mass., Nov. 7 /PRNewswire/ — Lycos, Inc. , today
announced the following information from The Lycos 50, the 50 most
popular Internet search results for the week ending Nov. 3, 2007.
There are some interesting results as usual, so I will provide my running acerbic, commentary for comedic relief.
Biggest Movers and Shakers for Week Ending Nov. 3, 2007:
1. Robert Goulet 800 % (You thought the net was just for the 18-34 demo?)
2. Bee Movie 700 %( Seinfeld reincarnated )
3. American Gangster 162 % (Denzel and Crowe will always pull)
4. Reese Witherspoon 142 % ( Is it cause she’s cute?)
5. Keith Richards 140 % (slurrrrrs..another coconut tree?)
6. Thanksgiving 132 % (Understandable)
7. Facebook 100 % ( You knew it was gonna happen)
8. Katie Holmes 173 % ( People are still asking, why Tom?)
9. Christmas 61 % ( It’s the annoying Zales commercial again)
10. NCAA 55 % ( I’m an 11 year old boy, how do I search?)
Notes of Interest:
Facebook (#25) makes its first-ever appearance on the Lycos 50,
generating more searches this week than popular web search mainstays
Dragonball (#27), RuneScape (#31) and Wikipedia (#34). Although MySpace
(#19) still ranks higher in search activity, Facebook’s open source policy
regarding applications, combined with other unique functionality, has
allowed it to soar in popularity.