Sometimes I’m not so sure I always know what that means. Value drivers. It’s sort of a corporate speak type of thing to essentially describe the capabilities of your company isn’t it? But really the dumbed down version of value drivers is a term to describe the competitive advantage(s) of your company.
But what if we say you are a “social company”? What are the value drivers of your social company? What should they be?
- You are social, you are participatory and you are producing content? (That’s a given right?)
- You engage frequently? (Assumed)
- It permeates your organization? (Imperative)
- Business is derived from your social activities?
- You are measuring your activities?
Does your organization think like this? Does anyone think like that when it comes to social business? When we all start to think like this, then we get to move beyond the the “bright new shiny thing” stage of social.