Last week I wrote a post that got a tremendous amount of love from the folks over at social media today and rightly so, it was all the reasons why I love social media.
But what if you were sick of it? What if you were a snake oil salesman trying to cash in on the social media phenomenon and you were starting to realize that this social media stuff sucked? What might be your reasons for getting out and jumping into real estate short sales or something?
Your excuses, er reasons might look something like this:
1) You didn’t realize how much work it took
2) You realized that people aren’t into your “get 200 Twitter followers” for $19 a month program
3) Your social media certification classes didn’t really take off like you thought
4) Stealing other peoples content was hard work
5) Spamming hashtags wasn’t driving any business
6) No one is calling you or responding to your sign up landing page with exclusive offers and social media tips
7) People were not sharing your viral videos that you stole created
8. Strategy? What strategy?
9) The trusting client is pissed because the Twitter account you created for them with the 30 tweets, 30 followers, and the 5000 people you’re following, hasn’t really amounted to anything
10) There was too much to learn
11) You’re tired of RT’ing others on your 6 month old Twitter account
12) You never figured out what that Facebook vanity URL thing was
13) Case studies? On what?
14) Social media is dead anyways
15) You hate creating content and no one was coming to the blog
16) Social Media ROI isn’t important
17) It doesn’t work
18) When someone asked you about Gowalla and Foursquare you looked at them like this…
Share this Post
Pingback: Google Buzz: Official Iheater Is Making A Buzz In The Social Networking Community | mynews-tech.info
Pingback: Where’s your Social Responsibility Google? | mynews-tech.info
Pingback: Social Media relevancy update: Twitter & Facebook followers 5060% more likely to buy! -Patrick Curl